- 1 MIREX 2007 Results Posted
- 2 MIREX 2007 Evaluation Tasks
- 2.1 2007 Submission System Open: SUBMIT ASAP!!!!!
- 2.2 Welcome to MIREX 2007
- 2.3 Getting Involved in MIREX 2007
- 2.4 MIREX 2005 and 2006 Wikis
- 2.5 MIREX 2007 Task Proposal Pages THAT WILL NOT BE RUN THIS YEAR
- 2.6 Something New To Consider: MIREX DIY Demonstration
- 2.7 Descriptions of the Past Evaluation Tasks
MIREX 2007 Results Posted
Results from the 2007 MIREX evaluation runs are available now at: 2007:MIREX2007_Results!
MIREX 2007 Evaluation Tasks
- 2007:Audio Artist Identification
- 2007:Audio Classical Composer Identification - 2007:Audio Artist Identification subtask
- 2007:Audio Genre Classification
- 2007:Audio Music Mood Classification
- 2007:Audio Music Similarity and Retrieval
- 2007:Audio Onset Detection
- 2007:Audio Cover Song Identification
- 2007:Real-time Audio to Score Alignment (a.k.a Score Following) (Postponed to possibly 2008)
- 2007:Query by Singing/Humming
- 2007:Multiple Fundamental Frequency Estimation & Tracking
- 2007:Symbolic Melodic Similarity
2007 Submission System Open: SUBMIT ASAP!!!!!
The MIREX 2007 submission system is now open.
WE ARE ON A VERY, VERY TIGHT TIMELINE THIS YEAR. PLEASE GET YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN ASAP! SEE THE 2007:MIREX 2007 TIMELINE PAGE FOR SPECIFIC TIMELINES. AUDIO SIMILARITY and SYMBOLIC SIMILARITY NEED TO HAVE ALL RUNS COMPLETED BY SEPTEMBER 3rd SO WE CAN RUN EVALUTRON. WE WANT TO HAVE ALL RESULTS BACK TO THE COMMUNITY BY SEPTEMBER 16th!!!
See the 2007:MIREX 2007 Submissions page for submission instructions.
Welcome to MIREX 2007
This is the main page for the Third Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX 2007). The International Music Information Retrieval Systems Evaluation Laboratory (IMIRSEL) at the Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is the principal organizer of MIREX 2007.
The MIREX 2007 community will hold its annual plenary meeting as part of The 8th International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, ISMIR 2007, which will be held at the Vienna University of Technology, from September 23rd to September 27th, 2007.
J. Stephen Downie
Getting Involved in MIREX 2007
MIREX is a community-based endeavour. Be a part of the community and help make MIREX 2007 the best yet.
Mailing List Participation
If you are interested in formal MIR evaluation, you should also subscribe to the "MIREX" (aka "EvalFest") mail list and participate in the community discussions about defining and running MIREX 2007 tasks. Subscription information at: https://mail.isrl.uiuc.edu/mailman/listinfo/evalfest
Please note that you must create a NEW login for this wiki even if you have a login that you previously used for editing the MIREX 2005 or 2006 wikis.
Please create an account via: Create Account.
MIREX 2005 and 2006 Wikis
This is the new wiki for MIREX 2007. The wikis for MIREX 2005 and 2006 are available at:
You can interlink between this wiki and the previous wikis using 2005: prefix on links to connect to pages in MIREX 2005 and 2006: for MIREX 2006.
MIREX 2007 Task Proposal Pages THAT WILL NOT BE RUN THIS YEAR
Use this space to link to the individual evaluation task discussion Wiki pages. Take a look at the MIREX 2006 Evaluation Tasks section to see how it was done last year.
- 2007:Audio Artist Similarity
- 2007:Audio Chord Detection
- 2007:Audio Melody Extraction
- 2007:Single Fundamental Frequency Estimation & Tracking from Monophonic Audio
- 2007:Melody Transcription from Monophonic Audio
- 2007:Audio Drum Detection
Something New To Consider: MIREX DIY Demonstration
Please take a look at: http://cluster3.lis.uiuc.edu:8080/mirexdiydemo/. This is a prototype "proof-of-concept" demonstration of the Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX) "Do-It-Yourself" (DIY) web service system.
A recent article in D-Lib Magazine is a good introduction to what we are trying to accomplish:
Downie, J. Stephen. 2006. The Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX). In D-Lib Magazine 12 (Issue 12). Available: http://dlib.org/dlib/december06/downie/12downie.html.
Would like to try to have a least one task (or some task beta-testers) use a similar set up for MIREX 2007. A 2007:MIREX DIY Discussion page has been started for community input.
Descriptions of the Past Evaluation Tasks
MIREX 2006 Evaluation Tasks
- 2006:Audio Beat Tracking
- 2006:Audio Melody Extraction
- 2006:Audio Music Similarity and Retrieval
- 2006:Audio Cover Song
- 2006:Audio Onset Detection
- 2006:Audio Tempo Extraction
- 2006:QBSH (Query-by-Singing/Humming)
- 2006:Score Following
- 2006:Symbolic Melodic Similarity
MIREX 2005 Evaluation Tasks
- 2005:Audio Artist Identification
- 2005:Audio Drum Detection
- 2005:Audio Genre Classification
- 2005:Audio Melody Extraction
- 2005:Audio Onset Detection
- 2005:Audio Tempo Extraction
- 2005:Audio and Symbolic Key Finding
- 2005:Symbolic Genre Classification
- 2005:Symbolic Melodic Similarity